Features & Finishes
Your new home at Simcoe Landing will graciously invite you inside where every room has been appointed with a range of luxurious features and finishes.
- Homes are themed from Ontario heritage.
The community is architecturally controlled
and contains varieties of unique streetscape
- Elevations feature a clay brick,vinyl exterior,
accent cladding, exterior trim features, vinyl
shakes and stone sills as per plan.
- Porches are a gracious feature on some
homes. Where provided, porches are poured
concrete. Pillars to be either decorative
painted fiberglass or brick, as per model.
- Steep roof pitches enhance all elevations.
- 3/8” plywood roof sheathing.
- 2” x 6” exterior wall construction.
- Fiberglass roof shingles with 25 year warranty.
- Wood and steel beam construction in
accordance with architectural specifications.
- Quality vinyl casement on front elevations
and quality vinyl frame sliding basement
windows as per plan.
- Ceiling heights are approximately 9ft. on
main floor and 8ft. on second floor.
- All subfloors to be sanded and fastened
- Cold cellars as per plan.
- 6’ sliding patio doors with screen on singles
as per plan.
- 5’ sliding patio doors with screen on
townhomes as per plan.
- Engineered floor system.
Energy Conservation Features
- H.R.V. (Heat Recovery Ventillation unit).
- Taped basement ductwork.
- Foam window and doors.
- Caulk interior plate of exterior walls.
- Fireplace equipped with electronic ignition
gas valve complete with battery back-up
(Battery not included).
- Energy efficient exhaust fans for baths
- R31 spray foam to garage ceilings
- R50 insulation for attic ceiling area over
habitable areas weather stripped access.
- R22 in. exterior habitable walls.
- Full height R20 insulation on accessible
basement walls as per Ontario Building Code
- Energy efficient Lighting Package.
- Programmable thermostat.
- Posi-temp pressure/temperature balance
valves for all showers.
- Energy efficient water saver shower and toilet
- Energy efficient rental hot water heater.
- High performance Low E argon windows
- Seperate switches for all exhaust fans to
reduce heat loss.
- All doors, windows and external openings
fully caulked and insulated with vapour barrier.
- High efficiency forced air heating system
with ducting sized for central air
- Prefinished virtually maintenance free
aluminum soffits, fascia, eavestroughing
and rain water downspouts.
- Garden door(s), as per applicable plan.
- Premium quality roll up raised panel painted
wood sectional garage door(s) with plexiglass
inserts as per plan.
- Fiberglass insulated front entry door(s) with
sidelight or window as per plan, with gripset
- Two (2) exterior hose bibs, one at rear and
one in the garage.
- Poured concrete garage floor.
- Driveway to be paved.
- Precast slab walkways to porch at front entry
and steps as required.
- Entire lawn area, front and back to be graded
- Poured concrete basement walls with
damp-proofi ng and foundation collector
drains, where applicable. Drainage layer
provided on exterior of basement walls
to enhance overall water resistance.
- Where a deck is required at rear patio door
due to grade conditions, Builder supplies
standard 5’ x 7’ deck as per plan.
- Where basement walk-out conditions are
applicable the following features are standard
and included in any premiums applicable
to the lot: sliding basement patio door
and windows as per plan; additional brick
from concrete foundation wall at rear; 5’x7’
enclosed deck off main fl oor rear. Patio steps
to grade are not provided.
- Brick exterior walls with accent quoining as
per plan, exterior paint colour and fi berglass
roof shingles from Builder’s predetermined
architectural colour schemes.
- Garage access door where grade permits.
- Ceramic tile flooring in front vestibule,
breakfast area, kitchen, laundry room and all
- 3”x 3/4” perfinished natural oak flooring
on main floor excluding tiled areas and
bedrooms, as per plan.
- 40 oz. broadloom with underpad installed
wall to wall in all designated areas as per plan.
- Oak main staircase with natural finish oak
stringers, 3” handrails, 1-3/4” spindles and
3-1/2” newel posts as per plan.
- Spray textured stippled ceilings with smooth
border throughout main and second floors
except for kitchen, bathrooms and laundry
room ceilings which are to have smooth finish.
- Single 2-panel smooth series door complete
with 2-3/4’’ trim and 4-1/4’’ baseboards.
- Wood trimmed archways throughout where
- Straight satin nickle lever hardware on all
- Interior finished walls painted with
one prime coat and one finish coat –
one colour throughout.
- Laundry area to include washing machine
connections, receptacle for clothes dryer,
single compartment tub and dryer vent
opening, as per plan.
- White Decora light switches and plugs
- Cathedral ceilings as per plan.
- Coffered ceilings as per plan.
- Open staircase to the basement level
as per plan.
- White trim and doors.
- Tray ceiling in master bedroom on 36’, 40’
and 45’ models as per plan.
- Granite countertops from choice of Vendor’s
- Quality custom finished kitchen cabinets from
choice of Vendor’s standard samples with
opening provided for dishwasher.
- Double under mount stainless steel sink with
single lever faucet.
- Pantries and breakfast bars as per plan.
- Arborite or formica post formed rolled
and/or straight edge countertops in
bathroom vanities from choice of
Vendor’s standard samples.
- Quality vanity cabinets selected from
Vendor’s standard samples.
- Pedestal sink in powder room, as per plan.
- White plumbing fi xtures including towel bar,
soap dish and toilet paper holder.
- Wall mounted plate glass mirror over
- Chrome finish single lever taps for sinks,
tubs and showers.
- Ceramic wall tiles installed in tub and shower
enclosures. Where tub and shower stalls
are separate, tub enclosures are tiled to
approximately 16 inches above tub.
- Exhaust fan in all bathrooms.
- Oval tub and separate walk-in shower stall
with waterproof light in master ensuite, where
indicated, as per model selected.
- Water resistat board on tub and
Electrical and Plumbing Details
- 100 AMP electrical service with breaker panel and copper wiring throughout.
- Heavy duty wiring to stove and dryer locations.
- One exterior electrical outlet in garage and one exterior waterproof outlet at rear of home.
- Front door chimes.
- Electronic smoke detector in all bedrooms, one per floor, including basement. One carbon monoxide detector.
- Vendor's standard light fixtures installed in all rooms except living room.
- PEX piping and ABS drains.
- Taps and drain hook-up for automatic washer connection.
- Pre-wired cable T.V. outlets – great room and
- Rough-in central vacuum.
- Rough-in security alarm system.
- Pre-wired telephone outlets in kitchen, master
bedroom, Great room.
- Rough-in 3 piece washroom in basement,
as per plan.
- Rough-in for dishwasher, connection includes
provisions for electrical and plumbing, as
Colours are done by weekday appointments only