Features & Finishes
Your new home at Simcoe Landing will graciously invite you inside where every room has been appointed with a range of luxurious features and finishes.
- Homes are themed from Ontario heritage. The community is architecturally controlled and contains varieties of unique streetscape elevations.
- Elevations feature a clay brick,vinyl exterior, accent cladding, exterior trim features, vinyl shakes and stone sills as per plan.
- Porches are a gracious feature on some homes. Where provided, porches are poured concrete. Pillars to be either decorative painted fiberglass or brick, as per model.
- Steep roof pitches enhance all elevations.
- 3/8” plywood roof sheathing.
- 2” x 6” exterior wall construction.
- Fiberglass roof shingles with 25 year warranty.
- Wood and steel beam construction in accordance with architectural specifications.
- Quality vinyl casement on front elevations and quality vinyl frame sliding basement windows as per plan.
- Ceiling heights are approximately 9ft. on main floor and 8ft. on second floor.
- All subfloors to be sanded and fastened with screws.
- Cold cellars as per plan.
- 6’ sliding patio doors with screen on singles as per plan.
- 5’ sliding patio doors with screen on townhomes as per plan.
- Engineered floor system.
Energy Conservation Features
- H.R.V. (Heat Recovery Ventillation unit).
- Taped basement ductwork.
- Foam window and doors.
- Caulk interior plate of exterior walls.
- Fireplace equipped with electronic ignition gas valve complete with battery back-up (Battery not included).
- Energy efficient exhaust fans for baths and kitchens.
- R31 spray foam to garage ceilings and overhangs.
- R50 insulation for attic ceiling area over habitable areas weather stripped access.
- R22 in. exterior habitable walls.
- Full height R20 insulation on accessible basement walls as per Ontario Building Code requirements.
- Energy efficient Lighting Package.
- Programmable thermostat.
- Posi-temp pressure/temperature balance valves for all showers.
- Energy efficient water saver shower and toilet tanks.
- Energy efficient rental hot water heater.
- High performance Low E argon windows throughout.
- Seperate switches for all exhaust fans to reduce heat loss.
- All doors, windows and external openings fully caulked and insulated with vapour barrier.
- High efficiency forced air heating system with ducting sized for central air conditioning system.
- Prefinished virtually maintenance free aluminum soffits, fascia, eavestroughing and rain water downspouts.
- Garden door(s), as per applicable plan.
- Premium quality roll up raised panel painted wood sectional garage door(s) with plexiglass inserts as per plan.
- Fiberglass insulated front entry door(s) with sidelight or window as per plan, with gripset and deadbolt.
- Two (2) exterior hose bibs, one at rear and one in the garage.
- Poured concrete garage floor.
- Driveway to be paved.
- Precast slab walkways to porch at front entry and steps as required.
- Entire lawn area, front and back to be graded and sodded.
- Poured concrete basement walls with damp-proofi ng and foundation collector drains, where applicable. Drainage layer provided on exterior of basement walls to enhance overall water resistance.
- Where a deck is required at rear patio door due to grade conditions, Builder supplies standard 5’ x 7’ deck as per plan.
- Where basement walk-out conditions are applicable the following features are standard and included in any premiums applicable to the lot: sliding basement patio door and windows as per plan; additional brick from concrete foundation wall at rear; 5’x7’ enclosed deck off main fl oor rear. Patio steps to grade are not provided.
- Brick exterior walls with accent quoining as per plan, exterior paint colour and fi berglass roof shingles from Builder’s predetermined architectural colour schemes.
- Garage access door where grade permits.
- Ceramic tile flooring in front vestibule, breakfast area, kitchen, laundry room and all bathrooms.
- 3”x 3/4” perfinished natural oak flooring on main floor excluding tiled areas and bedrooms, as per plan.
- 40 oz. broadloom with underpad installed wall to wall in all designated areas as per plan.
- Oak main staircase with natural finish oak stringers, 3” handrails, 1-3/4” spindles and 3-1/2” newel posts as per plan.
- Spray textured stippled ceilings with smooth border throughout main and second floors except for kitchen, bathrooms and laundry room ceilings which are to have smooth finish.
- Single 2-panel smooth series door complete with 2-3/4’’ trim and 4-1/4’’ baseboards.
- Wood trimmed archways throughout where applicable.
- Straight satin nickle lever hardware on all interior doors.
- Interior finished walls painted with one prime coat and one finish coat – one colour throughout.
- Laundry area to include washing machine connections, receptacle for clothes dryer, single compartment tub and dryer vent opening, as per plan.
- White Decora light switches and plugs throughout.
- Cathedral ceilings as per plan.
- Coffered ceilings as per plan.
- Open staircase to the basement level as per plan.
- White trim and doors.
- Tray ceiling in master bedroom on 36’, 40’ and 45’ models as per plan.
- Granite countertops from choice of Vendor’s standard samples.
- Quality custom finished kitchen cabinets from choice of Vendor’s standard samples with opening provided for dishwasher.
- Double under mount stainless steel sink with single lever faucet.
- Pantries and breakfast bars as per plan.
- Arborite or formica post formed rolled and/or straight edge countertops in bathroom vanities from choice of Vendor’s standard samples.
- Quality vanity cabinets selected from Vendor’s standard samples.
- Pedestal sink in powder room, as per plan.
- White plumbing fi xtures including towel bar, soap dish and toilet paper holder.
- Wall mounted plate glass mirror over all vanities.
- Chrome finish single lever taps for sinks, tubs and showers.
- Ceramic wall tiles installed in tub and shower enclosures. Where tub and shower stalls are separate, tub enclosures are tiled to approximately 16 inches above tub.
- Exhaust fan in all bathrooms.
- Oval tub and separate walk-in shower stall with waterproof light in master ensuite, where indicated, as per model selected.
- Water resistat board on tub and shower enclosures.
Electrical and Plumbing Details
- 100 AMP electrical service with breaker panel and copper wiring throughout.
- Heavy duty wiring to stove and dryer locations.
- One exterior electrical outlet in garage and one exterior waterproof outlet at rear of home.
- Front door chimes.
- Electronic smoke detector in all bedrooms, one per floor, including basement. One carbon monoxide detector.
- Vendor's standard light fixtures installed in all rooms except living room.
- PEX piping and ABS drains.
- Taps and drain hook-up for automatic washer connection.
- Pre-wired cable T.V. outlets – great room and master bedroom.
- Rough-in central vacuum.
- Rough-in security alarm system.
- Pre-wired telephone outlets in kitchen, master bedroom, Great room.
- Rough-in 3 piece washroom in basement, as per plan.
- Rough-in for dishwasher, connection includes provisions for electrical and plumbing, as per plan.
Colours are done by weekday appointments only